My favorite ice cream flavor has always been mint chocolate chip. I can never resist the cooling mint with sweet milk chocolate. With the success of my Almond Joy Cookies and Chocoatcraisinut Cookies, I can’t help but turn my favorite ice cream flavor into a cookie.
This holiday season, I will be baking my Andes Mint Chocolate Chip cookies for every friends and family gathering. The cool mint flavor spreads holiday cheer like nothing else. I can’t wait to share this recipe at my second Pinterest Craft party this December.
Andes Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
2 sticks of unsalted butter, room temp
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup regular sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon lime juice (or lemon juice)
3 packs of Andes Mint Chocolate, 84 pieces chopped in half
1. Use a food processor to ground the rolled oats into a fine powder. Mince it well if you don’t have a food processor.
2. In a medium bowl, combine ground oats, flour, salt and baking soda. Mix well and leave these dry ingredients aside.
3 In an electric mixer, mix butter, brown sugar, sugar, lime juice and vanilla extract. Add eggs one at a time while mixing.
4. Add dry ingredients and mix slowly.
5. Add Andes Mint Chocolates. Mix well but go slowly.
6. Refrigerate dough overnight.
7. On a baking sheet, use a cookie scooper to form the dough into a ball. Leave space between each cookie dough for rising.
8. Bake one sheet at a time (12 cookies) at 350 degrees for 10 -12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
These yummy cookies make great holiday gifts too. Bake some already!