The first weekend in December kicks off the start of my holiday season celebration. I was lucky enough to make the guest list to Peachfully Chic’s Holiday Soiree. It was a fun-filled evening mingling with Atlanta’s top lifestyle bloggers, enjoying delicious food and perfectly selected wine from Dantanna’s at Lenox and of course, a hilarious White Elephant game with all the girls.
My friend and hostess, Allison Crawley (a.k.a. Allie) is the founder and blogger of Peachfully Chic. Her parties are always amazing with plenty of surprises from beginning to end. I love attending her events because I always walk away with more ideas on how to throw amazing parties even for the toughest crowd, bloggers. No, not really but bloggers appreciate a well thought-out, detailed and fun event. That’s exactly what this holiday soiree was all about. Let’s take notes on some party tips from Allie, shall we? First, the tablescape was the center of attention. The gold and white color palette was the perfect holiday soiree colors of choice. The fresh bloom from Gold & Bloom in the center ties the entire table together. It was just lovely.
Next, was the fabulous meal. Dontanna’s did an amazing job hosting the event. Rob and his team at Dontanna’s offered world-class service. The food was absolutely delicious. I’m a foodie, I should know! We started the evening off with a hand-picked selection of red and white wine. My absolute favorite would be the Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon. So good! Next was the incredible family style three-course meal.
The appetizers were a fun and colorful sample of everything amazing Dontanna’s has to offer from their starter menu.
- Cajun chicken egg roll with creole mustard sauce
- Sesame steak skewers with chili, noodles, soy-ginger aioli
- Charred okra with lemon and parmesan
The second course was a vibrant blend of four amazing salads. I couldn’t pick a favorite because all four salads were equally fresh and tasty.
- Spinach salad with tomatoes, red onions, mandarin oranges, caramelized almonds, blue cheese and champagne-lime dressing
- Kale salad with chopped tomatoes, carrots, granny smith apples, chopped pecans, blue cheese and herb vinaigrette
- Crab and berry salad with organic greens, seasonal berries, tropical fruit, tomatoes and raspberry vinaigrette
- Organic quinoa salad with edamame, red peppers, dry cherries, goat cheese, shallots, spring mix and balsamic vinaigrette
The third course was the entrée. By then, we were nearly stuffed! But how can you say no to the Porterhouse T-bone steak perfectly charred and cooked medium rare?
- Creekstone Farms Porterhouse with signature rub, char-grilled served with herb compound butter
- Maine lobster tail medallions with drawn butter, citrus-caper cocktail sauce
- Wasabi tuna with panko crusted ahi, pan seared, shiitake-soy glazed, and lump crab
- Sides included smoked Gouda mac and cheese with bacon, creamy sweet potato, and cooked greens
Never forget desserts! The sweet station from The Sweet Trend was incredible. Those sugar cookies were too beautiful to eat. The mini pecan pies were amazing. And that red velvet cupcake, heavenly.
After the fabulous meal, we were ready to have some fun with the White Elephant gift exchange game. This was a guaranteed laugh-out-loud kind of game. After having my gift stolen twice (one by Nicole from Nicole to the Nines and the other by Ady from Verbal Gold Blog) I finally got down and dirty and stole a treasured gift from petit cutie, Luisa from Peaches to Pearls. Love you girls!
When the evening ended, I left the party with more gifts than I could handle, LITERALLY! Allie’s swag bag was beyond amazing. There were so much, it didn’t fit in one bag. I had bags after bags of amazing gifts from sponsors after sponsors. Everything was incredible. I can’t wait to wear my comfortable and ADORABLE Oka-B peep-toe wedge shoes. Did I forget to mention how comfortable these were? I’m in love!
Special thanks to Allie from Peachfully Chic for hosting such a fabulous and unforgettable event. I’m so honored to have met such an amazing and talented group of young and beautiful girl bosses this year. They truly are such an inspiring group of women. What a great way to kick off the holiday party season.