I know I mention Starbucks a million times on my blog. I can’t help but love everything with the Starbucks ora around it. The coffee and pastries have been such an inspiration to me. Last month, I posted a Starbucks inspired Vanilla Latte mini cupcakes on Craft Box Girls. This month, I am craving the Cranberry Bliss Bar from their pastry shelf. But guess what? I haven’t seen much of it in the locations around my house. Either it’s sold out fast or it’s not coming around the locations near me. Anyhow, that doesn’t matter because I can make my own version of the Cranberry Bliss Bar called the Craisin Bliss Bar. This recipe is for the modern women who wants a quick, easy beautiful and delicious dessert ready to entertain for the holidays.
Craisin Bliss Bar
You will need:
1 non-stick baking pan, 1 inch deep
A package of refrigerated pre-mixed sugar cookie dough
1 cup white chocolate chips
½ cup of Craisins
½ cup of cream cheese
1 cup of confectioners’ sugar
1.2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 small squeeze of lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the cookie dough in a baking pan. Press down flat. It’s ok if you don’t have a small pan. The cookie dough will stay in place while baking.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of white chocolate chips on top of the cookie dough. Press the chips into the dough.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the cookie is slightly brown. When done, let it cool completely before going to the next step.
- Cut off the edges of the cookie sheet. Keep the crust to make biscotti or something.
- Mix cream cheese with confectioner sugar, vanilla and lime juice.
- Spread the cream cheese frosting on top of the cookie.
- Sprinkle Craisins over the cream cheese frosting.
- Use a double boiler to melt the remaining white chocolate chips.
- Use a spatula to drizzle white chocolate over the Craisin. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Cut in triangles and enjoy with fresh brewed coffee.