Homemade Stew to the Rescue
Nothing beats the winter blues than a hot bowl of chunky beef stew. Hearty and savory stew just the way mom used to make it. This recipe is so easy and the outcome is consistent every time. You can add your favorite ingredients to the stew or keep it simple like me. I love my stew with plenty of beef, potatoes and carrots. Another option is to add mushrooms, peas or celery. No matter what you put into your beef stew, the flavor is still extraordinary.
I’m sharing two methods to make this chunky beef stew. The first method is for people with little time to start dinner. You’ll need 15 minutes to prep and 1 hour of cooking time. I like to use the Dutch oven for a consistent cooking. See the video below.
The second method is with a slow cooker. Put beef, flour, salt and pepper in a zip-lock bag. Shake up the ingredients evenly. Put all ingredients into a slow cooker. Set the time for 8-12 hours. Hoot chunky beef stew is ready when you get home.
Hearty and chunky beef stew to beat the winter blues.
15 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 15 Total Time
- 2 lbs beef tips, cut 1 inch
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup alll-purpose flour
- 1 whole onion, chopped
- 2 cups new potatoes, cut
- 1 1/2 cup carrots, cut
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- chopped parsley
- toast for serving
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven.
- Add beef, salt, pepper, and flour. Stir well and brown the beef.
- Add onions, potatoes, carrots, Worcestershire sauce, paprika and beef broth. Stir well.
- Close the lid and let it cook on medium low for 1 hour.
- Garnish with parsley and toast.
This hearty stew goes perfectly for those cold, rainy winter days. This pot makes 4-6 servings so you can pack this up for lunch at work. It’s even tastier the next day!
Tell me what you think of the recipe.